Dr. Jamil Asaria is a board-certified head and neck surgeon specializing in facial plastic surgery. His genuine desire to help individuals improve their quality of life through self-confidence has fueled his pursuit of providing among the best hair transplants Toronto has to offer. Countless patients have benefitted from his knowledge and expertise in the field of male hair transplants, female hair transplants, eyebrow transplants, facial hair transplants and hairline advancement.
Dr. Asaria’s unique approach
With a successful background in the procedures of facial plastic surgery comes a very detailed eye for how the hair should look to frame and complement each individual’s specific features. Hair transplantation should look completely natural, and with Dr. Asaria’s cutting edge techniques and passion for perfection, it will.
Your first consultation with Dr. Asaria won’t be a basic medical history or just an exam, but rather an in-depth conversation about you and what you want to achieve. He gets to know you on a personal level to really achieve the results you’ve always wanted.
“I pride myself on delivering exceptional results to each and every one of my patients. My rewards come from getting to know my patients on a personal level in order to understand and meet their unique needs.”
After a five-year residency in Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Toronto, Dr. Asaria completed a facial plastic surgery fellowship under Dr. Shan Baker, known the world over to be at the top of the field of facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. This fellowship provides unique training and experience in the complex techniques used to restore health and beauty with facial plastic surgery. Candidates for this fellowship are rigorously vetted to qualify for this opportunity, and Dr. Asaria was chosen to expand his skill in this field.
Years of dedication and hard work reflect in his academic achievements: he placed first on the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Certifying Examination out of all surgeons in North America and scored one of the highest marks in the history of the exam. As a Lecturer at the University of Toronto, he teaches his techniques to upcoming surgeons.
Education and Training
- B.Sc. degree – University of Toronto
- M.D. degree – University of Toronto
- Residency in Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery, University of Toronto
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Michigan
Honors and Awards
- First-place, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Exam, Jack R. Anderson Prize for Scholastic Excellence
- Reviewer, American Journal of Rhinology and Allergy
- Reviewer, Journal of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- First-place, Canadian National Otolaryngology In-Training Examination
- Canadian Network for International Surgery Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- J.P. Dickson Scholarship for Excellence in the Sciences
- J.S. Maclean Memorial Scholarship
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce National Scholarship
- Multiple publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and textbooks
- Scholarly presentations at national and international conferences
- Clinical Lecturer, University of Toronto Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Examination Proctor, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Chief Examiner, University of Toronto Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- Canadian Society of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Emerging Trends and Technologies
- Face to Face International Surgery
- Fellowship Curriculum